800-222-9711

Patrons Active (or not-so-active) in WebOPAC

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1532 by patrick20k
Do you know how many (and which) of your patrons use the WebOPAC? Once the new OPAC is released, you may want to find these patrons and send an email with information about the update. If you do a publicity push via your newsletter and social media, you may want to compare the before-and-after numbers. Or maybe you want to reach out to those patrons who have never tried the OPAC!Whatever the reason, you can use a Query (Ctrl-q or the magnifying glass icon).Quick Search (Optional)If desired, set your basic search criteria to narrow the field, such as:
  • Active patrons (Main Status | Equals | A)
  • At your own library (Library ID | Equals | your library code, ex: KL1A)
  • Only individual patrons (Patron Type | Begins | P)
Advanced SearchSearch against the Last Login date to find those who have logged in during that date range.WebOPAC | Last Login | Is between | ...
  • Date range (01/01/1900 – today’s date) to find those who have logged in at any point
  • Date range (01/01/1900 – one year ago) to find those who have logged in, but not for the past year
  • Date range (one year ago today’s date) to find those who have logged in sometime in the past year
OR: (WebOPAC | Last Login | Is Blank) to find those who have never logged in at all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1533 by maureen
Hi there! I read this as I logged in today to post a question about emailing to patrons. I'll copy it here as well: Is there a way to edit or enter initially the email address field in KLAS so it will indicate a Not For Mailing List (like program announcements) and just for backup communication (questions about account)? Thanks! Maureen

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1536 by patrick20k
Our suggestion would be to add an Opt-Out comment with a specific Note Type to the patron's record--more detail over on your question's thread .

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1537 by Lori Brown
Thank you, Katy.
The same day you posted this, I emailed Ks7 to find out how to search patron usage. Do you have an idea of when the update will take place?

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1538 by patrick20k
Do you mean the switch to the new version of the WebOPAC?
If so: I don't have a timeline for you just yet, and once it is ready for release, we're likely to do a gradual rollout to make sure that we can address any issues that are found promptly, without impacting too many patrons all at once. When I do have a timeline, I'll let everyone know!

And just to be clear--the above query works for the current version of the WebOPAC as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lori Brown

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711