800-222-9711

Emailing Patrons

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1534 by maureen
Emailing Patrons was created by maureen
Hi! I was emailing all patrons who had an email address (following the Summer Reading Queries suggestions, thanks!) and got one message from a patron wanting to be taken off our mailing list. We don't have a mailing list, this is the first time I am doing a very large direct mailing to patrons. I usually just do email for the kids for Summer Reading, and mail postcards for the adults and kids. 

It got me wondering how we might mark the accounts a certain way, and that it would come up in a query, to edit or enter initially the email address field in KLAS so it will indicate a Not For Mailing List (like program announcements) and just for backup communication (questions about account)? 

Thank you!
Maureen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1535 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic Emailing Patrons
Our suggestion would be to use a specific Note Type. Making it a Note Type (rather than a subject line or the contents of the note) ensures that it's typo-free and very easy to exclude from Queries. 

One of the other libraries set up a Note Type for this purpose of EMOUT / Email Opt-Out. Once the note type is in place, you could add a comment to the patron's record with any subject line, select the EMOUT note type, and copy the patron's email into the body of the comment for documentation. 

Then, when querying for an email list, include on the Advanced tab:
  • Comments | Note Type | Does Not Equal | EMOUT

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1544 by dylcalhoon
Replied by dylcalhoon on topic Emailing Patrons
We do a email version of our newsletter and keep a running excel sheet of all the people that receive it. Then if somebody cancels we just delete them from the list. On new applications, we have an option for them to get it emailed to them. We only add them to the list if they select that they want it emailed.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711