800-222-9711

Adding out of state Serials for DoD

More
2 years 10 months ago #1060 by michael_lang
During the conference some libraries said they had a method for adding Guideposts and other out of state magazines to their Gutenberg for use with DoD. Does anyone have written instructions for this? 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #1061 by patrick20k
Once you have the recorded file(s), you can follow the HowTo-LocalSerials instructions from the Gutenberg Downloads section of the Duplication Info Page .

If others have additional tips or suggestions for doing this, or who have a good source for the Guideposts or other files, please chime in!

More
2 years 10 months ago #1062 by michael_lang
Do those instructions work in these cases? As I understand, its going to pull an edoc filename from the UID and match it to a specific issue. (Someone stop me if I'm wrong.) And other libraries aren't going to be using the same issue/naming format as us. I think Colorado had said that they were working around it by replacing the filename, but wanted to make sure I'm right.

More
2 years 10 months ago #1063 by patrick20k
You are correct that the UID needs to match the Serial KLAS ID and Issue Name for an eDoc to be created, so if the UID is using a different convention, you may need to change your issue naming format to match.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711