800-222-9711

Exporting Has Had List

More
1 year 4 months ago #1337 by Sheri
Exporting Has Had List was created by Sheri
Hi yall! I'm trying to export a list and am coming up short every time. How do I export a patron's "Has Had" list to an excel spreadsheet?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #1338 by NC-Craig
Replied by NC-Craig on topic Exporting Has Had List
When you say coming up short, is this because you're not getting all of them or something else is missing.
As long as you follow the process and when prompted put in more number of records than needed (I would say guessimate, depending on how long the patron has been in the program), I will start with 5000 as the number of records to retrieve and just make sure that it doesn't exactly cut off at that number.

If this is about how to do it specifically,
To export a patron's HasHads:
From Patron, select the Items tab
Filter for HasHads
Filter for Monograph (assuming you just want to see books)
From the menu go to Functions - Export (or Alt+Ctrl+X) then you'll be prompted for how many records you want.(It defaults to 500, so it will cut off at that number unless you specify)/
Click OK and it should run
You will get an Excel spreadsheet of hashads, usually sorted by date.
I hope this helps,
Thanks,
Craig

More
1 year 4 months ago #1339 by Sheri
Replied by Sheri on topic Exporting Has Had List
I should have been more specific in my quest, but I was posting to receive instructions on how to export! You answered my question and it worked perfectly, THANK YOU! :) I appreciate it. Our supervisor is out on extended leave and wasn't here to help me with it. Thank you again!!

More
1 year 4 months ago #1340 by NC-Craig
Replied by NC-Craig on topic Exporting Has Had List
No problem. That's why this list is such a resource. We all try to help each other.
I'm very happy it worked for you.
Thanks,
Craig
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheri

More
1 year 4 months ago #1341 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic Exporting Has Had List
Thanks for the quick answer, Craig!

The only other thing I'll note is that, for visual users of KLAS, there's an Export icon in your toolbar as well: look for a bluish-green X with a red horizontal arrow through the middle of it. It triggers exactly the same thing as opening it from the menu or Alt-Ctrl-X, so you can use whichever method is easiest for you to remember.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheri

More
1 year 4 months ago #1342 by Sheri
Replied by Sheri on topic Exporting Has Had List
Yes, I saw that as well! And thank you both for the responses. Craig, I agree, thankfully we have this forum to communicate with one another on issues or questions where we can quickly receive answers!!! It's very much appreciated on my end! :)

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711