800-222-9711

What is the best way to put a patron "On Hold?"

More
6 years 1 month ago #384 by patrick20k
KLAS offers a number of different ways to halt or pause service to a patron, depending on the situation and the exact outcome desired.
Read up on the options on this week's Key Notes blog post: Patron Holds , then chime in here.
  • Are there situations where you like to use one method over another?
  • How do you like to document the reasons or end dates for patron holds?
  • Do you have questions or need some help navigating the best workflow for a particular situation?
We want to hear from you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #394 by thorntonc
I learned in the KLAS Admin Training about Blocks. I have shared that with staff since my return and we just think it is the neatest format to use. One co-worker was constantly writing notes and taping them to the computer to remind herself when to restart services. This is so much easier!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: patrick20k

More
6 years 1 month ago #415 by hhayden
Replied by hhayden on topic HOLDS PATRON STATUS
If I place a hold on a patron file (Main) Status it remains a hold until someone changes the status right? Someone told me that it automatically changed to Active Status after a period of time but I have never seen it do this.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #416 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic HOLDS PATRON STATUS
Whenever you change a patron's Main Status or any Media Status, it will stay that way until someone changes it. For more info, you might read our recent Key Notes blog post about Patron Holds .

As an FYI: I'll be moving this question and reply to the existing topic in the "Patron Services" topic. Keeping topics sorted out by category helps others visiting the forum to find them.

When using the "New Topic" tab, you can select a category from the drop-down list; this will place your topic in that section of the forum.
To browse existing topics, the categories are listed out on the Forum Index , grouped by headings. If you have any questions about using the forum, feel free to post them right on the Welcome Mat. :)

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #417 by hhayden
I do not see blocks as a Patron Status option in the patron main status. Would like to know more about using block in Patron main and where this is? Is it something that requires an Admin account?

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #418 by hhayden
Replied by hhayden on topic HOLDS Patron Main Status
If I place a hold on Patron Status in Patron Main, what affect does it have on CMLS ?

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #420 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic HOLDS Patron Main Status
Blocks are managed on the "Blocks" tab of the patron record. Depending on your library's settings, you may be able to add blocks, or you may need an Admin to set them up first. You can download the tutorial from the blog post for full instructions on using blocks.

CMLS has been replaced by PIMMS. Changing the Patron Main Status will be communicated to PIMMS, and will halt direct magazine service to that patron. Again, more information is in the downloadable tutorial.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711