800-222-9711

Assign Keyboard Shortcut to "Select" Button

More
1 year 10 months ago #1247 by massbibliophile
In the Series Headings tool, the Select button does the same thing as the save tile, can Ctrl-s be assigned to it? 

Thanks,

James

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #1248 by patrick20k
Interesting thought! I'll pass it along

More
1 year 10 months ago #1249 by rfreitas
There are currently two Select options on the Headings screens. The first Select adds the highlighted heading to the list of headings to be added. It currently uses a keyboard command of Alt-E. The second Select returns you to the Title-Bib record and plugs the selected headings into the appropriate fields. That Select uses Alt-S as the keyboard command. I'm assuming James is referring to this second Select option since it acts very much like a save. I would agree that changing the command to Ctrl-S could be helpful, especially since you have to Ctrl-S on the Title-Bib screen to save the headings. The change would let you just hit Ctrl-S twice. I might also suggest changing the second Select button on the Headings screens to read "Save" instead, to avoid confusing it with the first Select button.

More
1 year 10 months ago #1250 by patrick20k
Thanks! It's good to know that Alt-S is working as a keyboard shortcut here.

From a technical standpoint, the second Select doesn't actually save the headings--it passes the information to the title-bib tab, and the information is saved once the record is saved. I agree that fixing the screen to no longer have two Select buttons with different functions would be an improvement.

More
1 year 10 months ago #1252 by massbibliophile
Thank you so very much for this information! Even just knowing about alt-s will help for now, but having it be ctrl-s will make it that much easier.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711