800-222-9711

Quick Add Button for Series Preferences

More
3 years 1 month ago #1024 by epawlus
We've recently transitioned over to series mapping through Keystone instead of maintaining our own series. Our description used to begin with the author's last name, which was helpful for searching for series by that author and selecting them. With the current search, the RA needs to know the exact name of the series to add it as a preference.

It got me to thinking that it might be fun to add an easy option to book search to set up a series preference from the list of results, if possible. Would that help anyone else?
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC-Craig

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #1025 by SamLundberg
Series preferences would be a bit of an edge case for us, but if you expand it out to the ability to add Author / Series / Subject preferences or exclusions from the book search, I can see a tool like that being very useful. I'm imagining an "add preference" button that opens a pop-up with contextual options based on what book(s) you have highlighted.

For instance, if you have Twisted Twenty-Six highlighted, you'd be able to add preferences for the Series (Stephanie Plum), Author (Evanovich, Janet.), Narrator (King, Lorelei.) and maybe even for the subjects (Mystery Fiction, Humor, Contains some strong language, etc. etc.)

Would that be more useful? Would you want subjects, or just Author/Series/Narrator? Just thinking out loud and trying to imagine the most common use case for us.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #1030 by vmeyers
Yes, I think this would be great! And the ability to quick add other things -- such as author, subject -- from Search would be great too. :-)

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711