800-222-9711

Merging Old Users Into Generic Catch-All

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1796 by dmalosh
I know we should not delete old users (see Kate Kosior's Deleting Old Users post ), but how about creating a generic catch-all for past employees and merging old accounts into it? Let libraries decide how long they want to keep a previous staff person's account alive. Once enough time has passes, merge ex-staff into the catch all account. After a few years, I don't think anyone cares who did what. I suspect libraries might have a person who was known for messing records up that they might want to make an exception for, but as a rule, it'd be better to clean up and move on. As things are the list of users perpetually grows without bringing any value.

Full disclosure: Since we share KLAS with our machine lending agency we'd want 2 past-staff accounts for merging into.

Is this possible? Anyone else on the network like to tidy up their list of former staff members?

-Dan

NOTE: I'm talking about user accounts found in: Security Control >> Security Maintenance >> Users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dkeadle

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 hours ago #1800 by jasonr
Yes! I would love to see this feature. Today I found we had 13 accounts created in 2007 that never logged in that are still sitting around (disabled).
I've actually started editing those old never used accounts to use for new people instead of creating brand new accounts. We already have 100 entries and it involves a lot of scrolling to search through the records, especially since there is not an option to find a specific person.
We have 35 active accounts (including built in KLAS ones) and 65 disabled accounts. Of the 65, 21 haven't logged in since 2014 or before in addition to the 13 that never logged in.
Makes auditing our accounts a bit of a headache.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711