800-222-9711

SUGGESTIONS FOR URGENTLY NEEDED NEW FEATURES

More
7 months 5 days ago #1586 by Allen
Good morning IRC KLAS Users! I thought I'd post on here to propose some features that have been previously discussed among IRC Directors (at a minimum Christina in AZ and Papper in OK) as being highly desired. Please also add to this thread so we can formally document feature updates that will be of benefit to IRCs who operate in similar manners to each other.

I will suggest that as proposals for features are described, be sure to describe in detail what module of KLAS, as well as tab or other sections, the area the feature would be located in or most used.

Desired Features:
  • Currently: In PATRON - when a patron is marked Deceased, their account status goes into a Blocked status. However, all of the relationships remain active. I currently have to manually change all of those to inactive to remove the patron from a district's comprehensive student list.
    • DESIRED FEATURE: Marking a patron as Deceased automatically triggers all relationships to be set as inactive.
  • In MATERIAL REQUESTS - after using Issue Acq Item to create a PO to order an order line, the PO# will populate in the Line Detail tab. However, there is no quick way to "Go-To" the PO. I currently have to copy the PO# and click many times to go the Acquisitions => Orders => Find (Binoculars) => Paste the PO# => Select the PO, to finally view the PO and get it ready for our finance folks (set as on order, update prices, etc.)
    • DESIRED FEATURE: in the Material Requests - Line Details tab, I see the need for a BUTTON to be added right next to where the PO field is, that will directly open up that PO. There is already the reverse option, in which a PO line's corresponding Mat Request can be selected and opened up, so we need to be able to go in the other direction.
  • In MATERIAL REQUESTS - as orders are placed by patrons, I may need to open up the Catalog listing for a given book. However, I need to click many times to open up Catalogue => Find (Binoculars) => and paste in either the KLAS ID or ISBN number to pull up the record. 
    • DESIRED FEATURE: in the Material Requests - Line Details tab, I see the need for a BUTTON to be added right next to the KLAS ID field, that will directly open up that record (as long as it is not a Temp Title). We need this one-click GO-TO feature.
  • DESIRED FEATURE: In the MATERIAL REQUESTS Main Tab - I often need to check on patron details, so GO-TO buttons next to each of Teacher/School/Student would be very helpful for quickly opening up their patron records.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CWPep

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #1592 by CWPep
These are all items I would love to have as well. It would definitely save on time. The other feature I have asked for is some type of display on the equipment module that will allow us to see how many of a certain item is on order. For example, Mini-lite boxes are big circulators for us. Consequently, we are ordering them often. If there aren't any on the shelf, I would like something that indicates on that holding that 6 are currently on order. We currently have a "REQUESTS" tab that allows us to see how many are on RSV; it would be nice to have something similar to see how many are currently on order.

And of course, the biggie for Oklahoma, is having student information for those students who have graduated or are deceased, completely removed from the KLAS database.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #1593 by sshreck
I would like to add Maryland to the list of IRC's that "ditto" Allen's suggestions
Desired Features:
Currently: In PATRON - when a patron is marked Deceased, their account status goes into a Blocked status. However, all of the relationships remain active. I currently have to manually change all of those to inactive to remove the patron from a district's comprehensive student list.
DESIRED FEATURE: Marking a patron as Deceased automatically triggers all relationships to be set as inactive.
In MATERIAL REQUESTS - after using Issue Acq Item to create a PO to order an order line, the PO# will populate in the Line Detail tab. However, there is no quick way to "Go-To" the PO. I currently have to copy the PO# and click many times to go the Acquisitions => Orders => Find (Binoculars) => Paste the PO# => Select the PO, to finally view the PO and get it ready for our finance folks (set as on order, update prices, etc.)
DESIRED FEATURE: in the Material Requests - Line Details tab, I see the need for a BUTTON to be added right next to where the PO field is, that will directly open up that PO. There is already the reverse option, in which a PO line's corresponding Mat Request can be selected and opened up, so we need to be able to go in the other direction.
In MATERIAL REQUESTS - as orders are placed by patrons, I may need to open up the Catalog listing for a given book. However, I need to click many times to open up Catalogue => Find (Binoculars) => and paste in either the KLAS ID or ISBN number to pull up the record.
DESIRED FEATURE: in the Material Requests - Line Details tab, I see the need for a BUTTON to be added right next to the KLAS ID field, that will directly open up that record (as long as it is not a Temp Title). We need this one-click GO-TO feature.
DESIRED FEATURE: In the MATERIAL REQUESTS Main Tab - I often need to check on patron details, so GO-TO buttons next to each of Teacher/School/Student would be very helpful for quickly opening up their patron records.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #1594 by patrick20k
Thank you all! I've been keeping Development apprised of this thread, and will continue to do so. Having the punch-list in writing, and hearing what is needed by the most people is a big help!

I know Drea, Marion, and Kyle are looking forward to chatting with folks at APH, including about upcoming development.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #1599 by patrick20k
Good news! This one is already in place, it just takes a configuration update:
  • Currently: In PATRON - when a patron is marked Deceased, their account status goes into a Blocked status. However, all of the relationships remain active. I currently have to manually change all of those to inactive to remove the patron from a district's comprehensive student list.
  • DESIRED FEATURE: Marking a patron as Deceased automatically triggers all relationships to be set as inactive.
If you want this to be enabled, please contact

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711