800-222-9711

First cartridge for Duplication patrons: Contents

More
1 year 7 months ago #1287 by maureen
Hi all, we are getting started with Duplication, and we would like to send out the first cartridge to all patrons to be a sample of two books, the announcement/instructions for the service, and the upgrade, so they are assured their player can play sequential books.
  • Please share with me how you set up your first books, and how you distribute the upgrade.
Thank you!
Maureen in FL 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #1288 by patrick20k
The Scribe includes the latest player firmware on all cartridges, so that part at least is taken care of for you!
For the first books, I'll leave that to the users' group to share what they do.

More
1 year 2 months ago #1417 by Lynn
Hello, Maureen shared that 17181 (English) and 17182 (Spanish) were announcements we could use to inform patrons about DoD. How do we load these on cartridges? Is it under Administration and Cross Ref Maintenance when we only want it added to for patrons? Thank you, Lynn

More
1 year 2 months ago #1418 by Lynn
The last sentence should read (added for New patrons.)

More
1 year 2 months ago #1419 by patrick20k
Hello,
Yes, you set up the announcement for Scribe cartridges under Administration - Cross Ref Maintenance - CartDupOptions - Initial Titles
If I remember right that you're at another branch in Florida, just copy FL1A's setting for that into your branch!
If the KLAS IDs are in with a plus sign (+DBC17181 for example), they'll go on all duplication cartridges unless you add a HasHad for that title for a patron that no longer wants the announcement. Without the plus sign, they'll go only on each patron's first shipment--once it's checked out to them on their first cartridge, KLAS will create the HasHad automatically, and it won't include the announcement on new orders for that patron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynn

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711