800-222-9711

Scrubbing the Dead - Patron Preferences Clean-up

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #1459 by dmalosh
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that KLAS deletes requests when a patron is deleted.  But what about the patron's preferences?

Could a process be built so that a patron's preferences get scrubbed/purged after being deleted for a predetermined about of time?  Or could we manually run a scrubbing process by importing a list of patrons?

EDIT 3/9/23: Adding a second thought that came to mind after I posted. It would be nice if a new "scrub" feature was built into Heading Maintenance so you could select an entry from any of the 4 categories (subject, author, narrator or series), and then click a button that would scrub or purge Likes/Dislikes off that entry if patrons are deleted or transferred out.  That would be slick!

If something already exists, please call me out. I live in the Cataloging module far more than I do the Patron module.

If nothing exists, would others benefit from such a tool? 

(Full disclosure: I've happened upon this need by doing subject cleanup and being alarmed at how many patrons can be tied to a subject that are no longer active users; their records reside in the limbo state of deletion.)

-Dan
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by dmalosh.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1461 by maureen
Hi again,
Yes, I agree this would be helpful.
Here is a query, and Nancy's comments:
I have no way other than the query you have to figure out what number of patrons are on each heading. You could potentially ask the RAs to clear off the headings from Withdrawn patrons prior to them being purged - but others such as Suspended or Inactive - they could potentially come back, so you don't remove the headings just because you aren't currently serving them.

Quick Search
Main Status = A

Advanced Search
Preference - type - begins - Subject
Preference - code - Equals - AGE
Preference - Exclusion - Equals - no (and also, yes to get the exclusions)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dmalosh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711