800-222-9711

Query

More
1 year 5 months ago #1311 by sshreck
Query was created by sshreck
Good morning all, sort of a new user here, or new to using the queries. I would like to query active students between the grades of 4 and 12, whose primary reading medium is braille. Anyone have a screenshot or step-by-step to do this? Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1312 by NC-Craig
Replied by NC-Craig on topic Query
Good morning or afternoon to you.
From what I understand, you want a list of Active Individuals who are grade level 4 through 12 and are active braille readers mainly.
To do this query we need to break it in half and put the facets together. This assumes you have been using the Grade field on the Main tab consistently.
Create your query:
  1. Open the Patron Module
  2. Select Queries from the menu
  3. Select Query from the list. The query screen will open on the basic tab
On the Quick Search tab (this is what I've tried based on what I interpret):
  1. For Patron Type - Begins - pa
  2. Main Status - equals - A
  3. Pat Medium - equals - br
  4. Medium status - equals - A

Now go to the Advanced Search tab
  1. First line drop down field - Patron - Grade - Is Between 4 and 12

This still assumes you've been consistent about this. We for example haven't been so much and our numbers vary.

That should give you a basic run at it.

Fyi, this is why during the pandemic, for new and more seasoned staff, I created essentially a Queries Course in KLAS for our staff. This way they could get the bigger picture and try out some things.

Thanks,

Craig

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: patrick20k

More
1 year 5 months ago #1313 by sshreck
Replied by sshreck on topic Query
This is just what was needed, thank you so much! Would you be able to share your Queries Course? I would like to also query my APH-qualified students by LEA or District

More
1 year 5 months ago #1314 by NC-Craig
Unfortunately, the queries course is behind a firewall and is only available internally. If I can come up with a way to share it I will.
One other thing that will help you is saving the query so you don't have to keep reinventing the wheel. Plus if you have other staff members who can benefit, as long as they are in a security group in KLAS, you make this available to the group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sshreck

More
1 year 5 months ago #1315 by SamLundberg
Replied by SamLundberg on topic Query
You beat me to the punch Craig, but when I was looking at this the "Between" function for Patron - Grade doesn't work as expected.
Between 4 and 12 yields no results
Between 12 and 4 yields many results
Between 1 and 2 yields many results, including grade 12

In order to get this query to work I instead had to use the "In" function and list out each grade "4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12". I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or we have the Grade Codes set up differently or what.
The following user(s) said Thank You: patrick20k

More
1 year 5 months ago #1316 by NC-Craig
No. You are correct. To make this one work correctly "IN' is what you should use to determine what is "IN" each of the separate codes. They are kind of walled silos.
Thanks for catching that.
C

More
1 year 5 months ago #1321 by traci.timmons
Replied by traci.timmons on topic Query
I would also love to have access to the Queries Course, Craig. That sounds like a valuable resource. If/when you are ever able to share, please keep us in mind at WTBBL. Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711