800-222-9711

Add Patron Comments to a Batch

More
3 years 2 months ago #1006 by NC-Craig
One of the things I'd like to see is a way to, in the way we can now take a group of patrons and update all of the groups numbers, by media type using Batch Patron Update, have an ability to add a standard comment or comments to this group or any other group we have pulled into a query. Maybe this could be a part of that tool. This would be useful when we make large-scale changes, to let others know what was done on a patron's account, or to have a comment to use as a query criteria. We use comments for things like our Summer Reading Program or to denote groups of people (i.e. inmates, people over 65, youth, etc). We also use comments to let staff know what was done on a patron's account to communicate with other staff members about what we did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EBruton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #1009 by cdurivage
I like this idea a lot. It would save time updating patron records and provide information to more people. Catherine

More
3 years 2 months ago #1011 by EBruton
Yes please! We use the patrons notes constantly and rely on them to update various staff to issues or needs of patrons. We also use comments at a tracking tool for being able to quickly locate specific patrons who have a specific comment. All of our comment subjects are uniform which makes this effective. When doing large projects, if there was a way to add a comment globally, that would totally change our game.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1013 by massbibliophile
This sort of exists? Years ago, and I mean 2006, Keystone did a batch process for us where we had to add a subscription for our newsletter for accounts that had the service type set to large print. As part of the program, a comment was added that had "KLAS customer service update" in the subject. I may be fuzzy on the details of this, but I think it means the basic foundation for this is already in place.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by massbibliophile.

More
3 years 2 months ago #1014 by tkalber
I've been asking for this for years, so I'm on board for wanting this feature too!!!

More
3 years 2 months ago #1015 by Lisa900
I second, third, fourth, and fifth this! This would also be helpful when we contact multiple patrons for overdues or restarting services or youth who are back in school again. I see so much potential!

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #1037 by patrick20k
This was implemented in version 7.7.47

Check out the details here: Batch Add Comments

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711