800-222-9711

New Subscribers: Don't Forget the Service Queue!

More
1 month 1 week ago #1731 by patrick20k
When subscribing a patron to their first locally-duplicated MoC Serial, make sure that you add the Serial Medium profile and a Service Queue for that medium!

Without a Service Queue, KLAS thinks that the patron should get physical service... and while you don't have any physical issues to send, that gets it confused about the retention settings to check, so it gives them a reserve for all the issues. 

We're working on this. First, we'll fix the "I don't know, so I guess I'll just give them one of everything" problem. We are also considering options for allowing the Service Queue to be added automatically for select media. But for now: please be sure to add both the Medium profile and the Service Queue, preferably before adding the subscription.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 days ago #1735 by drainey
What should the "Serve" code be for Digital Serials? OM Only Magazine Services?
When I did OM, I got this message when trying to add the service queue:
"The Patron's ServeCode (OM) is not valid for automatic selection for the service queue."

What about DIR status and CIR status?

More
1 month 3 days ago #1736 by patrick20k
Great questions--thank you!

Yes, OM is the best serve code for magazines. Did it still allow you to add the service queue despite the message? If so, don't worry about it--magazines are not served by automatic selection, they're served by subscription.

Leave DIR status blank, but CIR status should be set to A/Active.

More
1 month 3 days ago #1737 by drainey
Yes, it did allow me to add the service queue.
Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711