800-222-9711

2016 Users' Conference Hands-on Sessions

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #182 by Andrea
I wanted to give the Planning Committees an idea of what the computer training room at the Braille Institute in Orange County looks like. Each of these photos show some of the workstations they have setup The back wall of each cubicle serves to divide the room in half. We need your help identifying what kind of hands-on session topics you think the room layout can support. Each workstation is fairly private and the room is essentially cut in half by the 3/4 height cubicle wall. We understand that attendees want a more instructor led and less worksheet driven hands-on session experience, so please help us figure out how to provide such given the space. Thank you! A few photos of the space are attached.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Andrea.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #183 by massbibliophile
These sessions generally are not collaborative, with respect to attendees working together that is. In my opinion, this layout should not detract from the experience as attendees have come to know it. What I do see a need for is a facilitator for each side of the room.

More
8 years 3 months ago #184 by pherndon
I agree with James. Attendees are familiar with the independent study approach to the hands on, even if they've asked for a different approach. This may not be the year to roll out the new approach. I also agree that having two people working the room would be best with this furniture situation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711