800-222-9711

Patron - Service Queue - Bulk Delete

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #845 by epawlus
Our reader advisors in Arizona would like the ability to bulk delete all titles from the Service Queue instead of going one by one. Would anyone else out there find this to be helpful?

It would also be helpful to be able to select multiple books to delete instead of going one by one. Would this sort of thing be possible in the future?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #847 by NC-Craig
A resounding YES!!!

We have been asking for this for a while, since we first started testing the Service Queue. The other thing that we are looking to have developed is a way to multi-select items to move up and down the Service Queue. When you are trying to reorder a series this would make it easier.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #849 by SamLundberg
A "clear service queue" function is in the works, per www.klasusers.com/index.php/forum/duplic...321-dod-oddities#840

The ability to clear (or move) just a chunk would definitely be helpful! As would the ability to double click a title to open it up in the Cataloging Module, as you currently can in Items and Requests.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #850 by NC-Craig
Having a way to "clear" part of the service queue in blocks or the entire queue would be useful. Just as useful we think would be the ability to move chunks up and down. Right now the only way to line up things correctly, if out of order, is to either delete them and re-add them (which can be a pain. We did lots of this when we started out and orders would be built incorrectly, in order to correct things) or move them up each to the top of the list and then hope you have things in the right order or else you will be rearranging the furniture again and again. Lots of trial and error were employed.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #851 by patrick20k
Thanks for this great discussion! As Sam mentioned, a 'clear Service Queue' function is planned... I'll let the developers know that we're getting additional requests for it.

My understanding is that the ability to select multiple rows in the Service Queue would cause accessibility issues for Screen Reader users. However, I'll see if we can discuss it again and try to reach a solution. I'll also pass along the request to be able to select titles to open in the catalog.

Thanks again! And please feel free to continue the discussion :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SamLundberg

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711