800-222-9711

Quick idea

More
3 years 2 months ago #998 by sbuchalter
Quick idea was created by sbuchalter
Hi,

Just a quick idea for the Password/Account Recovery page.

Many (if not most) of our patrons don't know their patron ID/Username. Would it be possible to add a link to the "contact us" page? ("If you don't know your patron ID, please write to us for your log-in info, by clicking here," or a similar sentence?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #1001 by cdurivage
Replied by cdurivage on topic Quick idea
We use the following language on our Account Recovery page (mn1a.klas.com/recovery.jsf):

If you have forgotten your password, type your username (Patron ID) and email address in the fields below. If you don't remember your username (Patron ID) just enter your email address and we will attempt to look up your account by your email address. Then click the Send Recovery Email button.

You will receive an email message telling you your username. It will also contain an optional link for resetting your password.

Patron ID:

Email:

If you have forgotten your email address or you have any other problems accessing your account, please contact the library for help.

I believe we borrowed this language from some other library's webpage, so we can't take credit.

Catherine

More
3 years 2 months ago #1002 by sbuchalter
Replied by sbuchalter on topic Quick idea
Thanks Catherine.

KLAS, can we edit our text on this screen (we don't any text - just the two fields)? - xsfb.klas.com/recovery.jsf

Another issue on this page, is that I entered my own e-mail address in the field, When I click the "send recovery e-mail" button, nothing happens. (either on the OPAC page, or e-mail message sent to my address or our support address). My coworkers had the same results.

More
3 years 2 months ago #1003 by patrick20k
Replied by patrick20k on topic Quick idea
Saul, I'll pass this along!

Catherine, thanks for sharing your wording!

More
3 years 2 months ago #1004 by sbuchalter
Replied by sbuchalter on topic Quick idea
Thanks Katy

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711