800-222-9711

Book Search Tips, Part I: Search Indexes

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #433 by patrick20k
This week's Thursday Tip is coming a little late, but it's a topic I think a lot of you will like: Book Search!

Book Search is a tool almost everyone uses. But if you're only searching on Title, Author, and
Subject, you're missing some options to find good titles for your patrons. Take a look at the
indexes available to you in the combo boxes, and experiment to see what they bring up. You
may find “just the thing!”

Download this QuickTIp for a list of the available Indexes, exactly where they look for the information, and suggestions of what kind of searches they work best for.
Note: You must be logged into klasusers.com to access these documents.

Once you've looked through the list, let us know: Were there any you hadn't noticed before? Did any of them work a little differently than you thought? Which will you be trying out?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #434 by hwilliams
Need more information please.
I'm not sure where I can use these searches. I do not see all of these options in the OPAC; they are not available in the basic KLAS client side search; if they are queries, more information would be appreciated such as where you find each of these options within the query options.
Thank you.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #435 by patrick20k
Thank you for asking!
These are for the Patron Book Search. You can open this in the Patron Module (client side) using the open book icon or Ctrl+B
I've attached a couple screenshots below (you will need to be logged in to download them). Please let me know if you have additional questions or need more help!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

KLAS Users - Keystone Systems, Inc. logo

Keystone Systems, Inc.
8016 Glenwood Ave., Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27612
800-222-9711